Other great titles from the editors of the
Legal Practice Companion
Banking and Capital Markets Companion, Sixth Edition
Written by Colin Paul and Gerald Montagu
“The virtue of the Companions is that they provide a clear path through what is so often a jungle” The Right Honourable, Lord Woolf (formerly Lord Chief Justice) on the Companions series
Banking and Capital Markets Companion, Sixth Edition provides a clear and concise examination of the law, practice and procedure of fund raising in banking and capital markets.
Using the unique ‘Montagu-Weston bullet-indent’ approach, the Companion allows you to approach and understand this subject at a depth of your choice. Graphics and flowcharts are also used throughout to aid further comprehension.
This title is based on industry standard materials from the Loan Market Association, the International Capital Markets Association, the International Swaps and Derivatives Association and the British Bankers Association. As such it provides you with a reliable, accurate and succinct view of banking and capital markets fundraising – all in one volume.
This sixth edition has been comprehensively revised and updated to take account of new legislation, regulation, case law and developments in market practice including:
Updates from the UK:
- Financial Services Act 2012
- Finance Acts 2012-2014
- ISDA 2014 Credit Derivatives Definitions
Updates from the EU:
- Capital Requirements Directives III and IV
- European Market Infrastructure Regulation
Cases law updates in the following areas:
- Choice of jurisdiction
- Derivative product suitability
- ISDA master agreement
ISBN: 978 1 78043 492 6
Publication Date: Sep – 14
Availability: In print
Intellectual Property and Media Law Companion, Fourth edition
Written by Alasdair Bleakley, Edward Baden-Powell and Jeffrey Eneberi
“This book’s strength… lies in the book’s sheer accessibility and confident guidance to the reader.” Jeremy Phillips in the 1709 blog
The Intellectual Property and Media Law Companion, 4th edition is the only title in the market that combines intellectual property and media law in one book. In an era of convergence and with the ever-increasing value of content and brands, intellectual property law and media law have never been more significant.
Lawyers, media and technology professionals, and students of the law, alike, will benefit from the clear layout and style of this book – making it a ‘must have’ for your bookshelf. This book should be your first point of reference when advising your clients or colleagues, or for enabling you to excel in your particular field of media or technology.
With case and legislation citations included throughout, this is a user-friendly starting-point for researching primary sources.
The 4th edition contains full updates on changes and developments, including:
- A new section on Community trade marks
- Expanded sections on confidential information and content clearance
- An in-depth look at the application of IP and media law in the music, film, television and marketing industries, with an explanation of common deal terms for media agreements and a focus on the impact of new media
- Graphics, flowcharts and bullet points are used throughout to make complex information easier to understand and recall.As technology continues to advance at a rapid pace, there has never been a more crucial time to stay on top of the areas covered in this book.
IBSN: 978 1 84766 042 8
Publication Date: Mar-10
Availability: In Print
List price: £35