University of Wolverhampton Legal Practice Course Review
In accordance with guidelines set by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, the University of Wolverhampton Legal Practice Course emphasises a very practical vocational training for those who wish to become solicitors. The Wolverhampton LPC is validated to admit up to 60 students on the full-time LPC, and 30 on each of the two years of the part-time LPC.
The University of Wolverhampton LPC is structured to cater for students who wish to enter a general legal practice and the course gives equal weight to the core practice areas of Business Law and Practice, Property Law and Practice and Litigation. But they also make sure that those students who subsequently choose not go into legal practice will still have acquired skills and knowledge which they may use to hold managerial and administrative positions.
Students of the University of Wolverhampton LPC benefit from a personal tutorial system, and a dedicated careers guidance tutor. This is because at Wolverhampton LPC, they have an excellent staff-to-student ratio.
Browse a more detailed review of the University of Wolverhampton LPC below. You may want to add your own review: if so, rate the University of Wolverhampton LPC; or scroll to the bottom to add your own comments.
University of Wolverhampton LPC Ranking
We value your feedback: How would you rate the University of Wolverhampton LPC ? Would you recommend it to other prospective LPC students? How helpful has this review been to you? We’d appreciate it if you would rank this review of the University of Wolverhampton LPC by giving it a “thumbs-up” or a “thumbs-down.”
University of Wolverhampton LPC Contact Details
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton Law School
Arthur Storer Building
Telephone: (general enquiries) 01902 322484
Telephone (course enquiries) 01902 323518
Fax: 01902 323365
Website: University of Wolverhampton LPC
University of Wolverhampton LPC Facilities
The University of Wolverhampton is located just a five-minute walk away from the city centre.
Wolverhampton is positioned to the North West of Birmingham, about a 20 minute train ride from the centre of Birmingham. The university is very well connected to both North and South, standing just a few minutes of the M6 (junction 10).
The University of Wolverhampton LPC is taught in a modern facility located at the Wolverhampton Business Park. From the outside, the building looks like an office to heighten the atmosphere of professionalism. There are over 15 computers available to students in the law building. It has one big lecture theatre and various smaller rooms for seminars and group study. The library is well equipped with Law journals and statute books and has individual study areas which students can book for added peace and quiet.
The University of Wolverhampton LPC has a realistic courtroom that features a projector and specialist audiovisual equipment which are used to enhance students’ skills in advocacy as well as simulate a real courtroom experience. The new courtroom also helps continue the success of the University’s mooting teams which take part in a mock trial. The courtroom is also used for debating competitions which are organised annually by the Student Law Society.
University of Wolverhampton LPC Online Learning
The teaching methods at the University of Wolverhampton LPC mainly involve large group lecture sessions and small group workshop sessions. At the small group workshops, students create video presentations where they engage in role-playing. However there are written course work and written case studies for which they need to refer to supporting materials such as precedents, statutes and legal databases, all of which may be accessed electronically from the library and remotely online.
University of Wolverhampton LPC Distance Learning
The University of Wolverhampton LPC places a particular emphasis on using high levels of work-related activities, including advocacy and client interviewing which cannot be accomplished through distance learning.
University of Wolverhampton LPC Electives
Electives offered at the University of Wolverhampton LPC are:
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Property Law
- Employment Law
- Family Law
- Housing Law
- Immigration and Welfare Law
- Insolvency Law
- Personal Injury Litigation
University of Wolverhampton LPC Study Hours
The University of Wolverhampton LPC offers the one year full-time LPC and the two-year part time LPC. They offer Stage 1 and Stage 2 of the LPC which are usually studied together. Successful completion of Stage 1 leads to an award of a Certificate in Legal Practice; while the successful completion of Stages 1 and 2 leads to an award of a Diploma in Legal Practice. Sessions are usually scheduled in the evenings with an occasional session on Saturdays.
University of Wolverhampton LPC Admission Requirements/ Application
Applicants to the University of Wolverhampton LPC must hold a law degree approved by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, or have passed either the Common Professional Examination / Graduate Diploma in Law or have otherwise satisfied the academic stage of training as required by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Applicants must also enroll as a student member of the Solicitors Regulation Authority before beginning the LPC. Applicants should also have a good standard of written and spoken English.
University of Wolverhampton LPC Fees
The University of Wolverhampton LPC fees are £7,750 (full-time) and £3,875 p.a. (part-time)
University of Wolverhampton LPC Open Days
The University of Wolverhampton LPC offers a Virtual Open Day on its website but they also hold University Open days and Post graduate Open Evenings in February. Applicants may also visit and tour the facilities during the University’s Open Days in March, June, and August.
University of Wolverhampton LPC Careers Service
The University of Wolverhampton LPC supports their students’ legal careers:
- They have a Mentoring Scheme with local firms of solicitors, where students are assigned to a practising solicitor. They assist the solicitors with live cases.
- The University Careers centre can answer all queries concerning jobs, applications and future study options.
- They arrange regular workshops to help students create their CVs, write covering letters, and practice interviews
- They also help students research the legal sector to gain a full appreciation of what employers want so as to find ways to develop themselves.
- They host events run by professional organisations such as the Law Society to meet employers and find out about employment opportunities.
- Their links with many law firms offer students structured placements, usually during the summer vacation.
- They can also arrange for students to volunteer for organisations such as Citizens’ Advice or Victim Support.
- They have published many leaflets that help students explore alternative legal careers.
- They maintain the Careers Library Online, a listing of employers and firms offering training contracts and work placements.
University of Wolverhampton LPC Additional Information
- Successful completion of the University of Wolverhampton LPC permits students to opt to top up their LPC with a research methods module and complete a dissertation which together lead to the award of an LLM degree at the University.
- The University of Wolverhampton LPC offers its students to be involved in the University Law Centre which provides a free legal advice clinic for the local community who need legal help but are unable to afford legal assistance. The clinic is run by law students under supervision of the academic staff.
University of Wolverhampton Legal Practice Course Review – What do you think?
What do you think of the University of Wolverhampton Legal Practice Course? Here’s what one student review says of the University of Wolverhampton LPC.
Other LPC Resources
The Legal Practice Companion: The essential resource for all LPC students who want to perform well. Highly recommended by students, feared by law schools!
LPC Providers: A comprehensive list of LPC Law Schools so you can choose the one that’s best for you.
[ois skin=”Survival Kit Post”]