BPP Law School Manchester Legal Practice Course Review
BPP Law School Manchester is part of BPP University College of Professional Studies.
BPP Law School Manchester LPC operates out of modern and up-to-date facilities right in the heart of the city centre. All their classrooms are equipped with air-conditioning and the latest visual technology hardware to ensure interactive teacher/student training. They have two student lounges, both with free Internet access, and complimentary tea and coffee. They also have plasma screen televisions to help students keep up-to-date with the latest news and sport. There are secure bike racks at the rear of the building. There are also lifts, and ramps for the disabled.
Below is our BPP Law School Manchester LPC review. Why not add your review? Rate BPP Law School Manchester below and scroll to bottom to add your review of BPP Law School Manchester LPC in the comments section underneath.
BPP Law School Manchester LPC Ranking
How do you rate BPP Law School Manchester LPC? Would you recommend it to other prospective LPC students? Show your BPP Law School Manchester LPC ranking by giving it the thumbs up or thumbs down.
BPP Law School Manchester Contact Details
The BPP Law School Manchester LPC in Manchester is located at this address:
BPP Law School
St James’s Building
79 Oxford Street
Tel: 0845 678 6868
BPP Law School Manchester LPC Facilities
Facilities at BPP Law School Manchester LPC are top notch. They aim to create a professional, business like environment to prepare students for the real world. These include:
- Online Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Law library with long opening hours and free WIFI
- An online law library
- Allocated personal tutor
- Common areas with free internet access, satellite television, pool tables and on-site café
BPP Blackboard – BPP Law School Manchester LPC Online Learning
BPP Law School Manchester has a very good online learning programme or VLE (Virtual Learning Environment) known as the BPP Blackboard.
All lectures and tutorials as well as other material are available online in MP3 audio and also MP4 video format from the BPP Blackboard. You therefore don’t have to worry about missing lectures and can learn on your laptop at home or on iPod whilst on the go if you prefer. It seems the BPP Blackboard is a lot more advanced than the blackboards I remember at school!
BPP Law School Manchester LPC Electives
BPP Law School Manchester has a good choice of legal practice course (LPC) electives. You can choose from 3 of the following:
- Advanced Commercial Litigation
- Advanced Commercial Property
- Advanced Criminal Litigation
- Corporate Finance
- Debt Finance
- Employment Law
- Equity Finance
- Family Law
- Immigration Law
- Insurance Law
- Intellectual Property and Commercial Law
- Media and Entertainment Law
- Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence
- Private Acquisitions
- Private Client (Wills, Probate and
- Estate Planning
BPP Law School Manchester Study Hours
One of the benefits of BPP Law School Manchester LPC is that they have a wide range of study hours both part time and full time for the legal practice course. The study arrangements at the BPP Law School Manchester LPC in Manchester are flexible:
You can choose to study your Legal Practice Course (LPC) as part-time or full-time. There are two start dates a year for each option, in January and September.
BPP Law School Manchester LPC Admissions Requirements / Application
- Qualifying law degree (minimum lower second class honours), or qualifying non-law degree (minimum lower second class honours) and GDL or CPE, or similar qualification such as ILEX/FILEX
- International students whose first language is not English must demonstrate a sufficient command of English by holding an IELTS level 6.5 score (or equivalent).
- There is an aptitude test which involves an essay question and then a multiple choice test.
- An interview with questions on current affairs and general questions about yourself.
- BPP is popular and places fill up quickly so you are advised to apply as early if it is your preferred choice.
- BPP Law School Manchester also give priority to applicants who have put BPP as their first choice and also to law firms who use them exclusively, so bear this in mind when making your application.
- As with all other LPC law schools, admission applications are handled via the Central Applications Board.
BPP Law School Manchester LPC Fees
BPP Law School Manchester fees start from £10,056 for 2012.
BPP Law School Manchester LPC Open Days
BPP Law School Manchesters have a number of open days – it’s best to check their website for the next one. You will probably need to book in advance. They are a mixture of presentations, informal discussions and interactive sessions enabling you to find out more about both the programme and careers path you are interested in.
BPP Law School Manchester Careers Service
BPP Law School Manchester also offers a very good careers service with support to help get started in your career.
- Good links with the legal profession including an ‘Access to Practice’ scheme
- Careers resources including a vacancies database
- Career workshops
- Buddy scheme with students on training contracts
BPP Law School Manchester LPC – Additional Information
Award Winning Pro-Bono Centre
This is the opportunity to put your new legal skills into practice whilst gaining some good karma by helping members of the community who may not otherwise have access to legal services. You get first-hand experience of what it’s like to be a real solicitor (too late to quit now?!).
BPP Law School Manchester LPC Reviews – What do you think?
What do you think of the BPP Law School Manchester LPC?
You can add your own review of the BPP Law School Manchester LPC below and let other LPC students know what you think:
Other LPC Resources
The Legal Practice Companion: The essential resource for all LPC students who want to perform well. Highly recommended by students, feared by law schools!
LPC Providers: A comprehensive list of LPC Law Schools so you can choose the one that’s best for you.
BPP Law School LPC Review: The main review for BPP Law School
[ois skin=”Survival Kit Post”]