BPP Law School (London Holborn) Legal Practice Course Review
BPP Law School (London Holborn) is part of BPP University College of Professional Studies.
Situated in the heart of London, Holborn is conveniently close to the financial district and the shopping streets of Oxford Circus and Covent Garden. It is easily reached via the Central Line and numerous bus routes and is renowned for housing the Royal Courts of Justice and the Inns of Court. The BPP Law School in London Holborn has 14 air-conditioned training rooms. The modern glass-fronted premises have a professional and business-like atmosphere. It is fully equipped with the latest technology making it the perfect place to study. They have a student breakout area which has a plasma TV showing news channels, enabling you to keep up to date with the latest developments.
Below is our BPP Law School London (Holborn) LPC review.
Why not add your review? Rate BPP Law School below and scroll to bottom to add your review of BPP Law School Holborn LPC in the comments section underneath.
BPP Law School London (Holborn) LPC Ranking
How do you rate BPP Law School LPC? Would you recommend it to other prospective LPC students? Show your BPP Law School Holborn LPC ranking by giving it the thumbs up or thumbs down.
The BPP Law School London (Holborn) LPC at London Holborn is located at this address:BPP Law School Holborn Contact Details
BPP Professional Education
1 Procter Street,
Phone 0845 075 1100
Fax +44 (0) 20 8740 2294
BPP Law School London (Holborn) LPC Facilities
Facilities at BPP Law Schools LPC are top notch. They aim to create a professional, business like environment to prepare students for the real world. These include:
- Online Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Law library with long opening hours and free WIFI
- An online law library
- Allocated personal tutor
- Common areas with free internet access, satellite television, pool tables and on-site café
The BPP Law School Holborn has a student lounge offering free tea and coffee and a TV area showing Sky to enable you to keep up with all the latest news. Free computer facilities will enable students to check their email and access the internet.
BPP Blackboard – BPP Holborn LPC Online Learning
BPP Law School has a very good online learning programme or VLE (Virtual Learning Environment) known as the BPP Blackboard.
All lectures and tutorials as well as other material are available online in MP3 audio and also MP4 video format from the BPP Blackboard. You therefore don’t have to worry about missing lectures and can learn on your laptop at home or on iPod whilst on the go if you prefer. It seems the BPP Blackboard is a lot more advanced than the blackboards I remember at school!
BPP Law School London (Holborn) LPC Electives
BPP Law School has a good choice of legal practice course (LPC) electives. You can choose from 3 of the following:
- Advanced Commercial Litigation
- Advanced Commercial Property
- Advanced Criminal Litigation
- Corporate Finance
- Debt Finance
- Employment Law
- Equity Finance
- Family Law
- Immigration Law
- Insurance Law
- Intellectual Property and Commercial Law
- Media and Entertainment Law
- Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence
- Private Acquisitions
- Private Client (Wills, Probate and
- Estate Planning
BPP Holborn Study Hours
One of the benefits of BPP London Holborn LPC is that they have a wide range of study hours both part time and full time for the legal practice course. The study arrangements at the BPP are flexible:
You can choose to study your Legal Practice Course (LPC) as part-time, full-time or Fast Track. There are two start dates a year for each option, with the Fast Track LPC starting in February and August and the conventional LPC starting in January and September.
BPP Law School London (Holborn) LPC Admissions Requirements / Application
- Qualifying law degree (minimum lower second class honours), or qualifying non-law degree (minimum lower second class honours) and GDL or CPE, or similar qualification such as ILEX/FILEX
- International students whose first language is not English must demonstrate a sufficient command of English by holding an IELTS level 6.5 score (or equivalent).
- There is an aptitude test which involves an essay question and then a multiple choice test.
- An interview with questions on current affairs and general questions about yourself.
- BPP is popular and places fill up quickly so you are advised to apply as early if it is your preferred choice.
- BPP Law School also give priority to applicants who have put BPP as their first choice and also to law firms who use them exclusively, so bear this in mind when making your application.
- As with all other LPC law schools, admission applications are handled via the Central Applications Board.
BPP Law School London (Holborn) LPC Fees
BPP Law School fees start from £13,676 for 2012 entry.
BPP Law School London (Holborn) LPC Open Days
BPP Law Schools have a number of open days – it’s best to check their website for the next one. You will probably need to book in advance. They are a mixture of presentations, informal discussions and interactive sessions enabling you to find out more about both the programme and careers path you are interested in.
BPP Law School Careers Service
BPP Law School also offers a very good careers service with support to help get started in your career.
- Good links with the legal profession including an ‘Access to Practice’ scheme
- Careers resources including a vacancies database
- Career workshops
- Buddy scheme with students on training contracts
BPP Law School London (Holborn) LPC– Additional Information
BPP’s Fast Track LPC
BPP now offers a Fast Track LPC in London Holborn so you can complete the LPC in just 7 months. BPP’s Fast Track LPC is open even to students who do not have a training contract. It covers all the same subject areas as the conventional nine-month LPC, at the same price. Students have an extra two hours of face to face teaching and approximately an extra three hours of preparation work to cover per week. The Fast Track LPC starts in February and August.
Award Winning Pro-Bono Centre
This is the opportunity to put your new legal skills into practice whilst gaining some good karma by helping members of the community who may not otherwise have access to legal services. You get first-hand experience of what it’s like to be a real solicitor (too late to quit now?!).
BPP Law School London (Holborn) LPC Reviews – What do you think?
What do you think of the BPP Law School LPC?
You add your own review of the BPP Law School London (Holborn) LPC below and let other LPC students know what you think:
Other LPC Resources
The Legal Practice Companion: The essential resource for all LPC students who want to perform well. Highly recommended by students, feared by law schools!
LPC Providers: A comprehensive list of LPC Law Schools so you can choose the one that’s best for you.
BPP Law School LPC Review: The main review for BPP Law School
[ois skin=”Survival Kit Post”]